Categories of Personal Data Processed by LJ Aero
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU CREATE A LJ AERO ACCOUNT:
When you create a LJ Aero account, we ask you to provide your email address and name.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS:
(a) LJ Aero processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign in to your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on LJ Aero’s legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
(c) LJ Aero also processes your email address to associate it with your LJ Aero account when you interact with our customer support representatives. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU MAKE A PAYMENT:
When you make payments through the Service, you may need to provide financial account information, such as your credit card number or bank account information, to our third-party payment processors. This information is provided directly to such payment processors, and we do not collect or store such information, though we may receive summary information about transactions that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS:
The legal ground for processing this data for these purposes is performance of a contract. We also process your personal data as part of our fraud detection processes. The legal ground for processing your personal data for that purpose is our legitimate interest in protecting LJ Aero and our customers from attempts to engage in fraudulent transactions.
Your financial account information, such as your credit card, is required to make a payment for a product. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on LJ Aero’s legitimate interest in collecting payment for its services.
PERSONAL DATA THAT IS PROCESSED WHEN YOU COMMUNICATE WITH LJ AERO:
When you interact with our customer support representatives via email, telephone, or online, we collect personal data, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; and information about the LJ Aero products you own. We also may create event logs that are useful in diagnosing product or app performance-related issues, and capture information relating to the support or service issue. To improve customer service, subject to applicable laws, we may also record and review conversations with customer support representatives, and analyze any feedback provided to us through voluntary customer surveys.
When you contact LJ Aero for technical support, diagnostic data, including logs from the device on which you use our application, may be automatically uploaded to LJ Aero to help the technical support team resolve your concerns.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS:
We use this information to provide you with customer and product support and to monitor the quality and types of customer and product support we provide to our customers. The legal ground for processing this information for these purposes is LJ Aero’s legitimate interests in providing quality product support.
We may disclose personal data about you to others: (a) if we have your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process, or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies; or (d) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
LJ AERO APPLICATIONS:
We also collect data from users about their usage of the LJ Aero apps. The types of analytical information that are collected include the date and time connections are made to our servers, api version, the locations being requested, what information and files have been requested, and user behavior (e.g., features used, frequency of use). LJ Aero uses this data to improve the quality and functionality of the LJ Aero applications; to develop and market products and features that best serve you and other users; and to help identify and fix stability issues and other usability problems as quickly as possible.
The legal ground for processing this analytical information is our legitimate interest in understanding how our customers interact with our products, apps, and websites so we can enhance the user experience and functionality of our products, apps, and websites.
Here are examples of third-party providers of analytics and similar services we currently use:
By using the Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Service or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice by mail.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the Service to send information we think may be useful or relevant to you. Note that we may use your name, usage history and email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major updates, customer service needs, tips on using the Service, notifications of unused features of the Service, or items for which you have requested communication).
Legal and Similar Disclosures
We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. This notice will be provided by email or by posting notice of the changes on the LJ Aero website and through the LJ Aero app.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as your LJ Aero account is active. In addition, see below under “Your Rights” for a description of your right of erasure.
Your Rights in the European Union
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request from LJ Aero access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you reside outside of the European Union, you may have similar rights under your local laws.
To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your LJ Aero account, email email@example.com
If you live in the European Union and you wish to exercise your right to restriction of processing or your right to object to processing, contact LJ Aero’s Data Protection Department at 27 N Wacker Dr, Suite 1202, Chicago, IL 60606, which you can also contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not live in the European Union but you believe you have a right to restriction of processing or a right to object to processing under your local laws, please contact LJ Aero LLC at email@example.com.
Your Rights in California
Your Rights and Choices: The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that LJ Aero disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, if any; (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (vi) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (a) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (b) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that LJ Aero delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to: (i) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; (v) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.); (vi) engage in public or peer-reviewed research in accordance with Section 1798.105 (d)(6) of the CCPA; (vii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (viii) comply with a legal obligation; or (ix) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or write to us at the address listed above.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (i) deny you goods or services; (ii) Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (iii) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; (iv) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Contact Information: If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which LJ Aero collects and uses your information described in this section, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or write to us at the address listed above.
Exercising Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise the data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or a legal representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Last updated: October 15, 2022