This Labor Day 2023 is set to be an excellent weekend to buy a drone, as many retailers are offering discounts on drones — and there are also some sweet deals on drone-related products.
For physical inventory, many retailers are looking to clear out their summer warehouses and ramp up to have space ahead of Black Friday and the broader winter holiday shopping season. And while Labor Day sales tend not to be as robust as what you can get during Black Friday, that’s still a long way out. So if you want a drone (or drone-related product) now, here are the top Labor Day 2023 drone sales to jump on now.
And by the way, keep tabs on this page, as I’ll be updating it as more deals come (which they surely will throughout the weekend and into Monday). Also, give me a follow on Instagram and Twitter, where I’ll also be posting about new deals as soon as I hear of them.
7% off the DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo
- Original price: $858
- Discounted price: $798
- Savings: 7% off ($60)
The DJI Mini 3 is one of DJI’s lowest-cost drones, and it’s among the best drones for beginners.
The DJI Mini 3 was first released in December 2022 as a <249 gram drone that offered 38 minutes of flight time. Though it starts at $559 for the base model — it goes as low as $469 if you already have a controller. Thus, this drone also nabs a spot in my guide to the best DJI drones under $500, depending on your financial gymnastics).
The best deal this Labor Day 2023, though, is if you opt to upgrade to the DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo. That combo kit throws in important add-ons like a shoulder bag, Two-Way Charging Hub, and two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries. That’s also the configuration which gets you the far-superior DJI RC.
Though it normally costs $858, this Labor Day 2023, the discount is 7% off, bringing your price down to $798.
- Get the DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo on sale now from Amazon.com.
- Get the DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo on sale now from B&H Photo.
10% off the DJI FPV Combo
- Original price: $999
- Discounted price: $899
- Savings: 10% off ($100)
The Labor Day 2023 discount on the DJI FPV is the same deal as what we saw during Memorial Day 2023 — and that’s not a bad thing. This discount is pretty steller given that it is a discount on an already-lowered price.
The DJI FPV drone launched in March 2021 at a price tag of $1,299 for the combo, but has since dropped to just $999. Even better is that this Labor Day, you can get it for an ever-lower $899.
The FPV is the predecessor to the DJI Avata drone, but that’s only made both drones hotter than ever right now. Deciding between this drone and the new kid on the block, the Avata? Check out my guide to DJI Avata vs DJI FPV.
$60 to $90 off the DJI Action 2
- Original price: $399 (DJI Action 2 Dual-Screen Combo) and $299 (DJI Action 2 Power Combo)
- Discounted price: $309 and $239, respectively
- Savings: $90 and $600 off, respectively
The DJI Action 2 is the older model of the updated Osmo DJI Action 3. But the DJI Action 2 isn’t necessarily old news. This GoPro competitor is the perfect compact camera for on-the-go video recording, largely due to its top feature: RockSteady 2.0
While you should go for the Action 3 if money is no object, you’ll want to jump on this deal if you’re more budget-conscious. The Osmo Action 3 starts at a minimum $329, but will realistically cost $400 once you add on accessories (which are practically necessary). At $309 for the Dual-Screen Combo or $239 for the Power Combo, this Labor Day sale on the Action 2 is tempting.
$100 off ALL THREE(!) Drone Pilot Ground School packages
I consider Drone Pilot Ground School to be the top provider of Part 107 test training (as well as general drone flight training). In fact, it’s what I used to take and pass the Federal Aviation Administration’s Aeronautical Knowledge Test on my first try, so it’s easy to understand why it’s my favorite Part 107 drone test prep course.
This Labor Day 2023, save $100 on any of the three packages offered, which are:
- Self-Study (normally $299, now $199):
- Guided Study (normally $339, now $239):
- Guided Study plus Flight Training (normally $499, now $399).
Of those options, the last one is particularly standout. Drone Pilot Ground School typically doesn’t discount the Guided Study + Flight Training package since it’s already discounted — so this is huge.
The Drone Pilot Ground School Labor Day 2023 sale runs between now and Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
50% off Drone Launch Academy’s Real Estate Media Pro course (today only!)
This one isn’t actually supposed to be a Labor Day sale, but rather a hurricane sale.
Online drone course maker Drone Launch is based in Florida — and since schools plus some businesses are closed today — the company is running a sale on one of its most popular courses, Real Estate Media Pro. The course is on sale for 50% off today only (now just $199 versus the usual $399 price tag).
The course shows you how capture and edit real estate photos, videos, drone footage, and 3D tour footage and is taught by real estate media professional Dominic Wilkerson, who runs a six-figure drone media empire.
Enter coupon code HURRICANE at checkout to get in on the deal.
Other tech products drone pilots need — on sale for Labor Day 2023
Sure, I love drone deals, but that’s hardly all I spend money on. Don’t overlook these other Labor Day deals:
47% off the Anker PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB-C PD 10Gbps Data Hub
If you have a thin computer (like the MacBook I have), then it can be complicated to plug in anything with a connection other than a USB-C cable. Given that, you’ll likely need a USB-C hub. The best USB-C hubs function has adapters with fast transfer speeds and the ability to simultaneously charge electronics.
The Anker PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB-C PD 10Gbps Data Hub supports 4K monitors at 60 Hz over HDMI — and it’s currently 47% off, down to just $40 from the usual $75 price.
37% off the Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub
Here’s another Anker product I love — ideal for people who have a zillion USB cords connected. to products you need to charge.
Charge multiple products in one go — in fact, 10 — with this port from Anker.
The Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub is now 37% off, down to just $44 from the usual $70 price.
Tons of MacBook discounts over at B&H
B&H Photo is having a killer sale on all sorts of MacBooks. If it’s time to upgrade your laptop, this is an excellent time to jump on this Apple sale. The MacBooks are sold through B&H, which is an authorized Apple retailer (and is one of my favorite drone retailers), and include free shipping. Among the top deals are:
- $200 off Apple 15″ MacBook Air Midnight (now $1,099)
- $200 off Apple 14″ MacBook Pro M2 Pro, Space Gray (now $1,799)
- $150 off Apple 13.6″ MacBook Air M2, Midnight (now $1,199)
- $100 off Apple 13.6″ MacBook Air M2, Midnight with 8GB Unified RAM (now $999)
Note that a few of these same exact MacBook Air discounts are also being offered at Amazon.
How to save an extra 5% on Labor Day 2023 sales
Perhaps unsurprisingly given the sheer convenience and scale of the retail giant, most of the Labor Day 2023 deals listed above are offered through Amazon.
If you hold the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card, which is largely considered Amazon’s best credit card, it offers an automatic 5% back at both Amazon and Whole Foods, which is combinable with these Labor Day 2023 discounts named above. It also has no annual fee.
Some of the top benefits of buying tech through Amazon include:
- Free and ultra-fast shipping for most orders.
- Easy returns. Amazon sends you shipping labels to cover the shipping cost, or you can simply print back the returned items to the Customer Service desk at Whole Foods which can be even easier.
- Efficient refunds. Money automatically comes back to your account within 3-5 days of the return being processed.
Additional buying tips for the Labor Day 2023 shopping weekend
- Read the reviews: I’ve got all sorts of drone buying guides on my site. I also have tons of guides comparing popular models against each other. Use the search tab on my site to find them.
- Buy from a reputable retailer: This will ensure that you get a quality drone and that you’re covered by a warranty. Amazon is obviously a retail giant, but it’s not the only website for online drone shopping. Check out these other 6 places to buy drones that are not Amazon.
- Consider buying used: A used drone for sale can often offer massive savings over the same one new. Just understand the risks of buying used drones.
- Take advantage of financing options: This can help you spread out the cost of your drone over time. Some stores offer financing with low interest rates, or you might also consider a 0% APR credit card.
The post Labor Day 2023 is this weekend. Gear up for these drone sales appeared first on The Drone Girl.